Discovery Land is our children's ministry program that includes AWANA and Sunday DL. Our staff is eager to work with your family to lay a solid spiritual foundation for your children so they can become resilient disciples of Jesus in this world. We recognize safety, quality Biblical education, and kid-sized fun is critical to making your child's visit to Discovery Land not only memorable, but life-changing.
The goal of is to equip children from birth to 6th grade with Biblical truth to apply to their lives. The fun begins right when you walk through the doors with energetic worship, hands-on activities, games, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I stay with my child?
We welcome you to stay with your child to observe. Simply stop at the DL Desk and they will be happy to assist you. Because we value your children’s safety, we monitor who is in the Discovery Land facility during our learning sessions. Parents who have not completed a background check must remain with an approved leader at all times. A driver's license will be required to acquire a visitor lanyard.
Do I have to be a member to bring my kids to Discovery Land?
No, you don’t have to be a member. Everyone is welcome in Discovery Land!
How old does my child have to be to come to Discovery Land?
Discovery Land offers Sunday programs for children 6 weeks through 6th grade. Our Tuesday night Awana programming is for children 2 years before 5 year old kindergarten through 6th grade. To learn more about our youth programming for students 7th grade and older, please visit our Student Ministries page.
How will you notify me if my child needs me?
We will text parents and they should come to the DL Desk.
Is there a fee for Discovery Land?
Our Sunday program is free of charge.
Our Tuesday evening Awana program has a cost associated with registration, which covers books, fees, uniforms, etc. The costs are listed on the registration.
What do you do for safety?
Some procedures we have put in place are:
- Children preschool and under and their parents receive wristbands with matching numbers. When children are picked up, the wristbands are removed by an adult leader after confirming the numbers match. Please note the parent with the matching wristband is the only one allowed to pick up their child.
- Students K-6th grade must be picked in their classroom by an adult immediately following the service. To ensure your child’s safety, older siblings under 16 are NOT allowed to pick up students.
- For your children’s protection, screenings and US background checks are run on all Discovery Land staff and volunteers.
- The doors to Discovery Land are locked ten minutes after service begins so classes may move around in a secure environment. They are unlocked to allow parents in for pick up after all classes are back in their classrooms.
- In order to serve, volunteers in Discovery Land receive training in our safety and security guidelines which include a minimum ratio of two non-related adults with students at all times.
What is Child Dedication?
Child dedication is a joint expression of a parent's desire to raise godly children and our church's commitment as a church to support you. I Samuel 1:27-28
Dedicate your child - Request information about our upcoming Child dedication class by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DL at Home
Can't make it to Discovery Land in person? DL at Home has 62 episodes of worship, Bible lessons, and mission experiences available on-demand.
We value and love every child, which is why we have designed our One2One Ministry. One2One focuses on children with special needs. Our goal is to create a safe, fun, educational experience for all children while meeting their individual needs.
Curriculum. Training. Networking.
Our desire to reach the world with the love of Christ is part of who we are. You’ll find it woven into the curriculum as we teach about how God is at work around the world. Discovery Land Global currently partners with churches of various denominations in over 11 countries.