Leadership Residency Hero
Leadership Residency Text
Welcome to your future.
The Appleton Alliance Church Leadership Residency Program is a two-year experience that provides college graduates with leadership training, practical ministry experience, and a Masters degree through Crown College's online program. We are looking for people who feel a call to ministry, have an excitement to learn and be developed into the ministry leaders they feel God is calling them to be.
What to expect
- Work approximately 20 hours a week at the Church
- Spend about 20 hours working on online Masters Degree (Tuition and textbooks paid for)
- Collaborate with other residents to support our Young Adult program (Alliance PM)
- Partner with a high level ministry leader to be guided and developed by them
- Develop leadership skills through mentoring, coaching, and workshops
- Receive a monthly stipend
- Live in housing provided through host families
- Recent College Graduate (Bachelor's degree required)
- Clear calling into vocational ministry
- Adherence to Appleton Alliance’s Statement of Faith and Ministry Philosophy
- Demonstrated ministry competence and leadership potential
Host Home Hero
Host Home (Family)
Host Home text
Our vision at Appleton Alliance Church involves training up and sending out the “Next Generation” of high-quality leaders. This vision is made a reality through our Leadership Residency program. Our desire is to provide a practical learning experience for the resident that will prepare them for a successful vocational ministry in the church.
One part of this development is providing a healthy and positive place for a resident to live through our Host Home program. Would you prayerfully consider hosting a resident for the duration of their residency?
A host home would:
- Agree to host a resident for one or two years. Instead of shuffling residents around every 6-12 months like some programs do, we believe long-term stability is better for the resident’s development. It also allows you to build a deeper, long-term relationship with the resident, which aids in their overall development.
- Be able to provide a private room (or basement, mother-in-law suite, guest house, etc.) with common amenities (bed, bedding, dresser, closet, etc.). This space should be able to be set aside solely for the resident for the duration of their stay with you. Access to a bathroom with a high level of privacy is also required.
- Provide a clean and safe living environment. We don’t expect a home to be perfectly clean all of the time. However, we would expect the host to keep a house that is clean a majority of the time and secured in a way where the resident feels comfortable and safe (the resident will be given similar expectations of cleanliness and respect).
- As you open up your home for the resident, we hope you will see it as an opportunity to invest in the church and future leaders. Offering to host a resident free of charge helps the resident not be burdened with that substantial cost of living and helps the church financially as well.
- Provide an adequate internet connection. Because each resident will be taking online courses through Crown College, a sufficient internet connection at home is needed.
- Engage and connect with the resident relationally. Like we’ve said, a positive host home experience can play a key role in a resident’s development. Hosts are encouraged to regularly connect with their resident—invite them to join you for a meal, take them out for coffee or ice cream, bring them along to a movie, etc. None of these things are a requirement or obligation. However, our desire is that you see your resident as a part of your family for one or two years. And of course, a healthy respect for both the host’s and resident’s boundaries and personal space will always be preserved.
- The AAC resident director will have quarterly meetings with your household to make sure everything is going well between you and the resident. If there is ever a crisis that would prevent you from housing the resident, we will meet and adjust accordingly.