Encounter: General Information
The Osthoff is located at 101 Osthoff Avenue, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. It is a one-hour drive from the southeast side of Appleton and approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes from the church.
Resort check-in time is at 4:00 p.m. Please do not arrive before this time, as The Osthoff is unable to accommodate early arrivals.
Encounter begins at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, February 19 with the evening session. Please allow enough time to arrive at the resort and check into your room before the first session. Scroll down for the weekend schedule.
If you have dietary restrictions, mobility issues please refer to the Special Requests section of the webpage. Do not contact The Osthoff.
What to bring
- Attire for the weekend is casual
- Bible (If you don’t own a Bible, you can pick one up at no cost in the meeting room at retreat.)
- Cash/check/credit for the book table, coffee shop, lunch, and optional activity on Saturday.
- Optional: An exercise mat for morning fitness class and appropriate clothes for either of our fun workout sessions.
- If you would like more information about the resort, please click here.
- Click here for menus for The Osthoff’s restaurants.
- If you are interested in using Aspira Spa, please contact them directly at 877-772-2070 and book your appointment. Mention you are with Appleton Alliance Church for a 20% discount on all services. Feel free to book your appointment any time Friday, Saturday between 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. or Sunday after 12:00 p.m. Services may not be billed to your room.
- Dinner on Friday Evening – The Osthoff Resort’s dining rooms will be open. Please consider making reservations. If you are planning to arrive at the Osthoff after 6:00 p.m., you may want to consider eating dinner before arriving, unless you have reservations at one of their restaurants. Options for eating in the Elkhart Lake area are limited.
- Lunch on Saturday is NOT included in the cost of the event. You can enjoy lunch at one of the resort’s restaurants (reservations are a good idea), explore options in the area, or you may choose to prepare your meal in your room. All rooms have kitchenettes, except for the guest room option, which has a small refrigerator and microwave.
- Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings and dinner on Saturday evening are provided as part of the weekend event.
Extending Your Stay at The Osthoff
If you would like to arrive on Thursday, February 18, or extend your stay until Monday, February 22, that option is available to you. Deadline is February 9, 2020. Contact Jamie Boorum if you are interested.