It’s been a long time and we’ve missed you! We’ve been very busy planning for your return. Here is what you can expect from us and what we, in turn, expect from you.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
COMMITTED TO YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY
We are committed to maintaining a clean, safe environment for our members. We have taken the following steps:
Designated entrances and exits, increased frequency of sanitizing equipment and workout areas, increased signage to remind our members of expectations, masks or face shields (TBD) worn by staff, frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer by staff, doors will be propped open so members don’t need to touch them, increased spacing between members taking classes, increased spacing between strength and cardio equipment.
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
Because the health and safety of our members is a top priority, we are asking all of our members to agree to and abide by the following:
- Do not come to Xcel if you have been sick or if someone you have been in person to person contact with, has been sick in the past 14 days.
- Use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the building.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from others at all times.
- Take a spray bottle of sanitizer as you enter. Do not share spray bottles with other members. Return the spray bottle to the designated area on your way out.
- Thoroughly spray down equipment immediately before and after use and dry with a paper towel. Do not directly spray electronic screens on cardio equipment. Spray the paper towel.
- If you are taking a class, arrive no sooner than 10 minutes before the start of class. If you are working out in the Fitness Center, arrive no sooner than the beginning of your allotted time. Please leave promptly after your class/workout to avoid congestion in common areas and so staff can clean.
- In the Fitness Center use only one piece of equipment at a time and clean it thoroughly before moving on to the next.
- Do not enter areas, or use items, that have been labeled as closed or off limits for any reason.
- Members refusing to follow the policies above you will be asked to leave.
FIRST 2 WEEKS
- Fitness Center open (no booking necessary)- limit 20 at one time
- Limited fitness classes (pre-booking recommended)- limit 25
- Limited equipment available
- Some areas of Xcel not in use (see below)
- No open sports
- No open gym
- No guests, tours, or new members
- Open M-Th 5am-8pm. F 5am-1pm
- Closed Saturdays
Our team will be meeting and reassessing every two weeks and will adjust our procedures accordingly.
BOOK A CLASS
To assure a spot in a class we recommend pre-booking. A class can be booked 24 hours ahead of time through the member portal. You can also call (920-931-1250) or email (email@example.com) us and we’ll be happy to book you.
There will be an online option for people not comfortable attending classes in person. Details are currently being worked out.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Doors leading into the building, gym, and studio/Fitness Center are labeled for entrance and exit to help our members social distance and prevent bottlenecks.
Use hand sanitizer as you enter and exit Xcel. Dispensers will be located at the entrance and throughout Xcel.
If there are other members nearby, please maintain a distance of 6 feet per CDC guidelines.
Check-in will be hands-free. Give your check-in number to the front desk staff and they will check you in if you have pre-booked. If you have not pre-booked we will do so at that time, as space allows.
At your first visit, you will be required to verbally agree to abide by our Member Code of Conduct.
On your way in you will pick up a spray bottle to sanitize the equipment you use. Do not share spray bottles.
WHILE YOU’RE AT XCEL
Classes will be held in the gym. Equipment for classes will be in the gym so you will not need to enter the studio.
Equipment that is typically in the Fitness Center will be spread out to include the studio to allow for appropriate social distancing.
Clean all equipment both before and after use. Spray equipment thoroughly and dry with paper towel. To clean electronic screens on cardio equipment, spray the paper towel, and use it to wipe the screen. Do not spray the screens directly.
CLOSED/NOT IN USE
The following areas/items will be closed and off-limits to members until further notice:
- Bubblers (The dispenser for filling water bottles will be available)
- Shower rooms
- Locker area
- Lobby seating area
- Vending machines
- Mats will not be available for classes or in the Fitness Center. Please bring your own.
All memberships were frozen on 3/16/20. We understand that not all of our members will be comfortable returning to Xcel right away. We will wait to unfreeze your membership until your first visit or 9/1/20, whichever comes first.