Welcome to Encounter!
As women, we often long for moments to get away from the burdens and busyness of life – to throw off all that life places on us – and just recharge. Come. Be welcomed. Spend a weekend away from it all, connecting yourself to the Creator who knows you best. Whether that means quiet times snuggled into a blanket with a book or late nights laughing with your friends, this is a weekend for you. Our hope is that you encounter the God who loves you and longs to draw you closer.
This event is a fun-filled weekend where over 500 women come together for Biblical teaching, delicious food, first-rate entertainment, and building friendships.
Date: February 19-21, 2021
Location: The Osthoff Resort, Elkhart Lake, WI
Speaker: Whitney Capps
Theme: Thirsty: Finding refreshment with Living Water in a world that has left us dry.
2021 COVID UPDATES
- Due to the current situation, the following changes will be in place for 2021:
- We recommend 1 person per bed. Remember there are pull out couches in each suite for more capacity.
- All sessions will be streamed to the TV in your suite. You do not have to participate in any large group activities.
- Meals will carefully be served by Osthoff staff to enjoy in socially distanced ballrooms or in your suite.
- Rooms are non-refundable after January 26, 2021.
General Registration Open
Monday, December 14 – January 26
Guest Speaker: Whitney Capps
Whitney Capps is a national speaker for Proverbs 31 Ministries, LifeWay Women, and a writer for the Bible app, First 5, with more than 1,000,000 downloads and users. Whitney's first book, Sick of Me, (B & H Publishers), and Bible study with video curriculum, We Over Me, (LifeWay) were released in March of 2019. She is also the founder of Simple Seminary, an online learning community that lets women learn theology in simple, easy to understand teachings.
As a bible study geek, Whitney’s delight is to dig into God’s Word for profound yet practical truth. A communicator at heart, Whitney comes alive sharing those truths with any gal who will give her even a few minutes. In her former life, she served as Talent Acquisitions professional for the corporate office of Chick-fil-A. This invaluable (and AMAZING) experience gave Whitney her love for helping women connect their passion with their purpose for the glory of God.
A girly-girl living among all boys, Whitney and Chad are raising their four sons, Cooper, Dylan, Ryder, and Tate, just outside Atlanta, Georgia. Her house is wild, loud, and littered with gaming gear. Whitney is addicted to shoes, jewelry, quac, and Coke Zero. Additionally, Whitney served her community as her local Bible Study Fellowship Teaching Leader for several years.
The Appleton Alliance Encounter Worship Team will focus our hearts and minds on the Lord as we praise Him together.
We are pleased to get away with you again this year to The Osthoff Resort. A beautiful four-star resort located 1¼ hours from the Fox Valley in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. The Osthoff Resort provides an ideal setting for our weekend away with spacious suites and fine food. The resort has a pool, whirlpool, sauna, spa, fitness center, and restaurants.
ROOM RATES & REGISTRATION
What registration includes
- Friday and Saturday night lodging
- Saturday and Sunday breakfast buffet
- Saturday evening dinner
- All weekend activities
|Guest Room||1 - 2||Wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, king-size bed, bathroom, and private balcony|
|One Bedrooom Suite||1 - 4||Fully equipped kitchenette, dining area, living room with gas fireplace, pullout sofa sleeper, and private balcony. One bedroom with one queen bed. One bathroom.|
|Two Bedroom Suite||2 - 6||Fully equipped kitchenette, dining area, living room with gas fireplace, pullout sofa sleeper, and private balcony. Two bedrooms each with one queen bed. Two bathrooms.|
|Three Bedroom Suite (Limited Availability)||4 - 8||Fully equipped kitchenette, dining area, living room with gas fireplace, pullout sofa sleeper, and private balcony. Three bedrooms each with one queen bed. Two bathrooms.|
|Three Bedroom Deluxe Suite||4 - 8||Expanded living area. Fully equipped kitchen, dining, and living room with gas fireplace, pullout sofa sleeper and private balcony. Three bedrooms each with one queen or king bed. Two bathrooms, one with a whirlpool tub.|
It is very important to know how many will be in your suite BEFORE you register as well as their names. No discounts can be applied for adding another person(s) to your suite after the initial registration. Additional person(s) will be charged the same rate as the original number of occupants. Financial assistance is available but must be complete BEFORE registering.
In order to register, you will need to know:
- Type of room desired
- Total number of occupants in your room
- Names of each of your suitemates
- Various personal information
Registration and payment procedures
- Your room is not reserved until all suitemates have registered.
- Full payments must be made at the time of registration. You may register online with a credit card, debit card, or automatic withdrawal from your checking account. You may also register with cash or check at the church Welcome Center on Sunday mornings or during open business hours.
- Separate registrations are required for each suitemate.
One person may register and pay for multiple occupants of the suite if desired. This is optional and not required. Registering all suitemates at one time will expedite the confirmation of your suite. The person registering MUST complete a registration for each occupant by clicking “Add Someone Else” at the bottom of their own registration until all suitemates are registered. Please be aware that when you register anyone other than yourself, you are responsible to collect payment from them. If you have questions regarding how to register multiple people, please contact Jamie Boorum BEFORE registering.
The person completing multiple registrations will be required to enter the following information for all occupants:
- Phone number*
- Email address*
- Age range*
- Is this attendee at least 18 years of age and post high school?*
- Is this their first Women's Encounter?*
- Would they like to volunteer at the event?*
- Would they like to receive weekly emails from AAC Women's Ministry?* (unsubscribe at any time)
- *Required fields
- Do not contact The Osthoff to register or request a room. All registrations for this event must be made through Appleton Alliance.
Other important information
- Every attempt will be made to honor your specific suite request. Suite reservations will be made on a first-come, first-served basis once everyone in your room has registered for the event.
- If you would like to attend Encounter but are in need of a roommate(s), please contact Jamie Boorum before registration closes on Jan. 26, 2021. Please do not register without knowing who your roommates are and what type of room you will have.
- We are unable to accommodate infants during the Encounter weekend.
- This event is for women of post-high school age.
Cancellations can only be given before online registration closes on January 26, 2021. Notify Jamie Boorum with cancellation requests.
Room Descriptions and Rates
Wet bar, with a refrigerator and microwave, king-size bed, bathroom, and private balcony. Sleeps two.
One Bedroom Suite
Fully equipped kitchenette, dining area, living room with gas fireplace, pullout sofa sleeper, and private balcony. One bedroom with one queen bed. One bathroom. Sleeps up to four.
Two Bedroom Suite
Fully equipped kitchenette, dining area, living room with gas fireplace, pullout sofa sleeper, and private balcony. Two bedrooms each with one queen bed. Two bathrooms. Sleeps up to six.
Three Bedroom Suite
Fully equipped kitchenette, dining area, living room with gas fireplace, pullout sofa sleeper, and private balcony. Three bedrooms each with one queen bed. Two bathrooms. Sleeps up to 8.
Expanded living area. Fully equipped kitchen, dining, and living room with gas fireplace, pullout sofa sleeper, and private balcony. Three bedrooms each with one queen or king bed. Two bathrooms, one with a whirlpool tub. Sleeps up to eight.
Need a roommate?
If you would like to attend Encounter, but are in need of a roommate(s), please contact Jamie Boorum. Please do not register without knowing who your roommates are and what type of room you will have.
The Osthoff is a large resort that requires much walking to access the meeting areas. If you require special consideration as to the placement of your room in close proximity to the meeting room, or a handicap accessible suite, please contact Jamie Boorum prior to registration.
If you have special dietary needs, please complete the Dietary Restrictions Form with your needs before Jan. 31, 2021. Every effort will be made to accommodate your needs. Please do not contact The Osthoff.
(Schedule is subject to change.)
All activities, with the exception of Saturday lunch, are included in the cost of the weekend.
Opening Session with Whitney Capps
Girls’ Night In
Enjoy a true Girls’ Night In with your suitemates and some fun, planned activities.
6:15 - 7:00* a.m.
|7:00-9:00 a.m.||Breakfast Buffet|
Morning Session with Whitney Capps
|11:45 a.m.||Lunch (on your own)|
1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
2:15 – 3:15 p.m.
3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
|5:00 - 7:00 p.m.||Dinner|
Evening Session with Whitney Capps
Late Evening Activity*
(Please check out of your room before the morning session)
Morning Session with Whitney Capps
|11:00 a.m.||Going Home|
For more information about The Osthoff, what to bring, meals, and more, click the link below.